A TENANTS GUIDE TO RENTING IN PRIME CENTRAL LONDON
The central London rental market is very competitive and it is important you use a reliable and efficient letting agent.
Marler & Marler is ARLA and RICS accredited and our small, well-established, professional team know all about the prime central London area and the type of properties available to you within your budget. Below is our London property renting guide.
Things you need to know
- Rent for properties in the prime central London area is usually quoted on a weekly basis.
- The standard deposit is six weeks rent.
- Administration charges for the tenancy agreement and credit search fees are payable in advance of moving in.
- You will need to provide colour copies of your passport and recent utility bills for identification purposes.
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) is applicable for properties where the rental exceeds £125,000 pa.
What we will do
Register with us
We will register you on our data base and show you all suitable properties matching your requirements.
Negotiation on your behalf
Once you have found the right property we will put forward your offer to the landlord.
Any requests need to be put forward at the time of your offer; the landlord is under no obligation to consider them after the offer has been agreed.
We will carry out a credit search and subject to an acceptable reply will prepare the tenancy agreement. The credit search will involve the completion of an online form to include details of your employment and previous tenancies.You will need to read and sign the tenancy agreement, taking advice if you need to do so.
Cleared funds for the initial rent and deposit will need to be provided when the tenancy agreement is signed.
We will arrange for an inventory clerk to meet you on the day you move in, to go through the inventory and hand over keys.
You will be introduced to the member of our team responsible for managing the property. If it is managed by the landlord you will be given their contact details.