Selling your property can be a stressful and time consuming process. Here are our top tips for selling your home:
• When to market? Timing is crucial and traditionally our busiest market is spring and summer, which is when overseas visitors tend to make their trips to Knightsbridge.
• Market appraisal. A correct initial asking price for your home is essential to get the sale off to the right start; too high and the property will languish. Buyers of property in Knightsbridge are very well informed.
• On instruction. Advise your solicitor of your intention to sell so he can start to prepare relevant paperwork; this is so you remain in the box seat upon agreeing a sale.
• Marketing you property for sale. Would you like a full blown marketing campaign: glossy brochure, advertising on all the main portals and off line print media or a quiet approach? Both have their merits.
• Showing your property for sale. Don’t change your lives for marketing your property but a tidy up and declutter help to create that all important first impression. Clean windows and tidying up any outside space will also help the cause.
• Redecorate or not? Sometimes a lick of paint can help to refresh a flat or house; however, in most cases unless you plan to do an entire refurbishment, we would not recommend doing anything. Most buyers in Knightsbridge like to put their own stamp on a property.
• Feedback. Make sure you sales agent gives regular feedback from potential buyers and if it is consistent then be prepared to act on it. No one truly knows the value of their home until it is marketed: the true value is what the best buyer in the current market is prepared to pay.
I hope this is helpful. If you’d like to view our full sellers guide then click here